Wednesday, April 04, 2007
23rd District Rotaract Assembly - Speeches and Workshops
Woke up at 6.30 AM. Giju took bath while I had forty winks. Tried to get some sleep but the room's phone kept ringing. I ignored the phone. Giju finished bathing and I went in next. It was cold and I needed a hot bath. I turned the faucet for cold water and then the hot water to find a suitable temperature. Whatever combination I did, the water still remained cold. There was no hot water! Even with only the faucet for hot water turned to the maximum, the water was icy cold. I came out of the bathroom with my teeth chattering. Seriously.

The ballroom

Attention

During the speeches
Rafferty and Ivan came to our room at 7.00 AM or so. We went down for breakfast after that. It seems the venue for the breakfast was at Delifrance. Well, we don't get to savour Delifrance's main courses but served with normal dishes you would expect from a normal hotel buffet. At 8.15, everyone was to be assembled at the ballroom to start of the day with speech. Speeches which would last forever. Oh well, I guess punctuality is nothing to them. My friends and I arrived at the room before time and there was no one in sight. The speeches started later than written in the schedule. If not for the camera, I could have died of boredom. Heh.

The big shots

Panelists answering questions

Awards
Not forgetting that we had a group photo before lunch. After many agonising hours, it was time for lunch. It was served at Delifrance too. An hour passed at Delifrance and it was time to attend workshops. There were many workshops to choose from, depending on what post you are holding in the Rotaract Club. I went for the president's workshop. Three of my other friends went for another workshop. Well, during the president's workshop, the requirement to keep the club in existence was mentioned. Politics were involved during the workshop too. The workshops ended and they had an election for the next DDRE. The candidates came to the front and gave their speeches to win the hearts of the electors. At the end of everything, there was no time left to hit the beach. Sigh.

Groupie

Candidate no.1

Candidate no.2

Candidate no.3

The ballroom

Attention

During the speeches
Rafferty and Ivan came to our room at 7.00 AM or so. We went down for breakfast after that. It seems the venue for the breakfast was at Delifrance. Well, we don't get to savour Delifrance's main courses but served with normal dishes you would expect from a normal hotel buffet. At 8.15, everyone was to be assembled at the ballroom to start of the day with speech. Speeches which would last forever. Oh well, I guess punctuality is nothing to them. My friends and I arrived at the room before time and there was no one in sight. The speeches started later than written in the schedule. If not for the camera, I could have died of boredom. Heh.

The big shots

Panelists answering questions

Awards
Not forgetting that we had a group photo before lunch. After many agonising hours, it was time for lunch. It was served at Delifrance too. An hour passed at Delifrance and it was time to attend workshops. There were many workshops to choose from, depending on what post you are holding in the Rotaract Club. I went for the president's workshop. Three of my other friends went for another workshop. Well, during the president's workshop, the requirement to keep the club in existence was mentioned. Politics were involved during the workshop too. The workshops ended and they had an election for the next DDRE. The candidates came to the front and gave their speeches to win the hearts of the electors. At the end of everything, there was no time left to hit the beach. Sigh.

Groupie

Candidate no.1

Candidate no.2

Candidate no.3
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]