Monday, April 16, 2007
Renewal of marriage vows
My family and I attended our church service which was held in FGA KL in conjunction with the renewal of marriage vows. Well, my mom, dad, a family friend and I left the house at 4.00 PM. Reached there about half an hour later, with the service beginning only at 5.00 PM. Well, the service was conducted in the old wing of FGA KL, once a cinema complex. The seats were of what you would find in a cinema today, just minus of the soft and comfy cushion, replacing it with leather. The terrain was also something off the norm. It descended towards the front and then it curved up. Why? Perhaps it's to reduce the strain on the necks of those who are sitting in the front row. I brought my camera as well as the camcorder with me that day.

Mom, dad and family friend

The entrance
Finally, the event kicked off at 5.15 PM. It started off with the entry of thirteen couples. Thirteen? Now, anyone superstitious? What followed up was of course praise and worship. It was a short one though. Next up was a song performed by four singers, then by the children's choir. I was not holding my camera at that time as I was occupied with the camcorder. I had to hold the camcorder for almost half an hour as the events which followed was recorded, till the end. Well, during some point in time, I took out my camera with my left hand and attempted to take pictures at a slow shutter speed. There were camera shakes in all of the pictures, but thanks to photoshop, it looks alright after touch ups.

The old cinema, resurrected

The young and bright youths
Not forgetting that there was a dance performance. I think the dance they performed was entitled "unity". They could not perform on stage as it was occupied with tables and cakes. Ah well, I guess those people at the back could not see a thing as the people in the front row were blocking the view. The terrain helped in that manner too. Right after that, the couples were invited up upon the stage. The renewal of vows is to happen soon!

Husband and wife

Would you accept this ring as a symbol of my undying love?
What happen next is basically what you might expect in marriage ceremonies. After the protocols, certificates were given out. The couples were then lead outside the hall, to the avenue where dinner was served. I stayed back in the hall, taking some pictures of groupies. By the time I made my way to the exit, most people had already left the hall to grab a bite. I on the other hand had to put some items in the car first.

Vocal trainer and the four singers

Dancers
I went to grab a bite. Guess what? The queue was colossal. Had to queue for at least fifteen minutes before I could get my dinner.

What the queue?

My dinner

Mom, dad and family friend

The entrance
Finally, the event kicked off at 5.15 PM. It started off with the entry of thirteen couples. Thirteen? Now, anyone superstitious? What followed up was of course praise and worship. It was a short one though. Next up was a song performed by four singers, then by the children's choir. I was not holding my camera at that time as I was occupied with the camcorder. I had to hold the camcorder for almost half an hour as the events which followed was recorded, till the end. Well, during some point in time, I took out my camera with my left hand and attempted to take pictures at a slow shutter speed. There were camera shakes in all of the pictures, but thanks to photoshop, it looks alright after touch ups.

The old cinema, resurrected

The young and bright youths
Not forgetting that there was a dance performance. I think the dance they performed was entitled "unity". They could not perform on stage as it was occupied with tables and cakes. Ah well, I guess those people at the back could not see a thing as the people in the front row were blocking the view. The terrain helped in that manner too. Right after that, the couples were invited up upon the stage. The renewal of vows is to happen soon!

Husband and wife

Would you accept this ring as a symbol of my undying love?
What happen next is basically what you might expect in marriage ceremonies. After the protocols, certificates were given out. The couples were then lead outside the hall, to the avenue where dinner was served. I stayed back in the hall, taking some pictures of groupies. By the time I made my way to the exit, most people had already left the hall to grab a bite. I on the other hand had to put some items in the car first.

Vocal trainer and the four singers

Dancers
I went to grab a bite. Guess what? The queue was colossal. Had to queue for at least fifteen minutes before I could get my dinner.

What the queue?

My dinner
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]